Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sometimes I take a picture with my i5s and it immediately shows up on my laptop... other times they don't show up for a day or two... what's going on? How can I force pictures onto my laptop when I need to do something with it quickly?

Sometimes I take a picture with my i5s and it immediately shows up on my laptop... other times they don't show up for a day or two... what's going on? How can I force pictures onto my laptop when I need to do something with them quickly?

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 6:18 PM

Email.

16 replies

Jul 1, 2015 6:32 PM in response to Csound1

I'm trying to email them now, it's a little clumsy - I have dozens of pictures, all high resolution and I need to keep the resolution high so this is taking a while...

What I really want to know is why does the photo stream between devices sometimes appear immediately, and other times, like now, it hasn't updated for a few days? Rebooting the phone, rebooting the computer, reinstalling icloud hasn't forced it to update... is there something I'm missing? I'm sitting here next to my WiFi box, with 5 bars on my phone and LTE enabled... shouldn't it just work like it usually does 90% of the time? Is there a secret button I can push to make it sync up right now?

Still waiting for the first picture to show up in email... would really like the photo stream to start working again...

Thanks,

Jul 2, 2015 9:52 AM in response to Csound1

What information do you need? The phone is a 5s... the pictures I take are usually available on icloud a minute after I take them, and once they are on icloud, I have them on my other devices... it just works automatically - I don't know how. But, sometimes, for no particular reason, they don't show up on icloud for a long time, maybe it takes a couple hours, maybe it takes a day or two... Currently, it hasn't sent any pictures from the phone to icloud for almost a week... like the phone just forgot how to do it.

All I am asking, is there a way to make the pictures on my phone go to icloud again... is there a setting I can adjust to make it happen on demand if it gets stuck, right now it is stuck... And, I am starting to think Apple is not as bug free as their fans make them out to be...

Jul 2, 2015 2:46 PM in response to Csound1

I think my expectations were too high. Thought this was a simple problem and was expecting a simple answer... Didn't think I had to know a bunch of technical stuff to use a phone. If anybody can tell me how to make an iphone 5s sync up with icloud photo stream that would be great... All I know is I bought the phone in a Verizon store last November, and the photo stream just started working (most of the time) after I installed icloud. I didn't have to pass an exam to own the phone, so I really don't know a lot about it... if you need more information than that, please explain what it is you need so I can try to find out for you...

Cheers!

Jul 2, 2015 2:49 PM in response to Awelti

Awelti wrote:

I think my expectations were too high. Thought this was a simple problem and was expecting a simple answer... Didn't think I had to know a bunch of technical stuff to use a phone. If anybody can tell me how to make an iphone 5s sync up with icloud photo stream that would be great... All I know is I bought the phone in a Verizon store last November, and the photo stream just started working (most of the time) after I installed icloud. I didn't have to pass an exam to own the phone, so I really don't know a lot about it... if you need more information than that, please explain what it is you need so I can try to find out for you...

Cheers!

No, you are offensive, I will not help you. Easy to understand really.

And don't call me Jerk anymore.

Jul 2, 2015 2:54 PM in response to Awelti

It's great to know there are two alternative ways to get pictures out of the phone and over to my other devices... but I'd really like to get the icloud photo stream to work again... and if it were to start mysteriously working all on it's own again (as it has done in the past) it would be great to know if there is a way to force it to re-sync, in case it ever breaks down again in the future... it has locked up a dozen times before, but never for a whole week... it's just plain broken at the moment...

Thanks,

the stupid one

Sometimes I take a picture with my i5s and it immediately shows up on my laptop... other times they don't show up for a day or two... what's going on? How can I force pictures onto my laptop when I need to do something with it quickly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.