Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes claims 5 of 5 authorizations used

After installing the latest iTunes for Windows (12.2.0.145) (which as usual failed the first time and had to be repeated) it claimed "This computer is no longer authorized", and prompted me to reauthorize. When I did, it said 5 of 5 computers authorized, which is crazy since I do not use iTunes on 5 computers.

Apple can verify that I'm using WIndows iTunes on only ONE computer, so how do I get the number of used authorizations back to one?

PC

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 7:22 PM

Apple can't verify this, since their records are showing a total of 5 computers authorized for your Apple ID. They don't hold info that identifies those computers - just the difference between the total number authorized on your ID less the number deauthorized. Although erroneous data on Apple's servers can't be ruled out, its also possible that this reflects computers that you've authorized in the past but did not (or were not able to) deauthorize before disposal or change of use.

You can reset the count to zero - in iTunes 12.2:

• select Account > View Account
  • if prompted, enter your Apple ID and password
  • on the Account Information screen, click the Deauthorize All button

and then reauthorize the computer(s) you have access to

Note that you can only do this once every 12 months - if required more frequently you can contact Apple Support and ask them to reset the count for you.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2015 7:22 PM in response to RandomId

Apple can't verify this, since their records are showing a total of 5 computers authorized for your Apple ID. They don't hold info that identifies those computers - just the difference between the total number authorized on your ID less the number deauthorized. Although erroneous data on Apple's servers can't be ruled out, its also possible that this reflects computers that you've authorized in the past but did not (or were not able to) deauthorize before disposal or change of use.

You can reset the count to zero - in iTunes 12.2:

• select Account > View Account
  • if prompted, enter your Apple ID and password
  • on the Account Information screen, click the Deauthorize All button

and then reauthorize the computer(s) you have access to

Note that you can only do this once every 12 months - if required more frequently you can contact Apple Support and ask them to reset the count for you.

itunes claims 5 of 5 authorizations used

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.