Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone having issues with adding music to their IPhone or turning off ICloud Music library?

So I updated my phone last night and subscribed and used apple music with no issues. I actually really enjoy the service thus far. But today, I bought some new Cds, uploaded them to my iTunes on my PC, updated my iTunes to the new version and tried add the new albums to my phone like I've always done and it said the songs could not be added because "iCloud music library was enabled". Went into my settings, then into music, and turn it off and tried adding them again. No luck. Go back to the settings and iCloud Music Library was enabled again even though I shut it off. It won't seem to stay off. So then I try to go into my music library on my phone and now none of my music will load like it did last night. My storage shows that my music is still on my phone, and I can search for and play songs through the search but my screen just shows the "loading library" text whenever I click on my music. Apple music and the rest of the music services work fine, but my library won't load and I can't turn of "iCloud Music Library" to add the new albums. I tried turning off the apple music on my but that didn't help.

I saw that iCloud was having some issues with the music library but I was wondering if anyone else was having these kinds of issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4, null

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 8:13 PM

4 replies

Jul 5, 2015 10:51 AM in response to PrestonB1987

No answers unfortunately, but I have the exact same problem....

Turn iCloud Music Library on in Settings, and go into Music > 'My music' gets stuck on "Loading Library" .... so, go back into settings and turn iCloud Music Library off (get a warning saying "Disable iCloud music library. This will remove all apple music songs from this device", choice to either Turn Off or Cancel.... Press 'Turn Off' and the toggle switch for iCloud Music Library appears to be off, but go out of settings and back into Music, and 'My music' gets stuck on "Loading Library" again. Back into settings, and iCloud Music Library has re-enabled itself (or it was never actually disabled, who knows?)....

Nothing but frustration from iCloud Music Library so far....

Jul 5, 2015 11:07 AM in response to samstyles

I finally managed to get out of the loop by signing out within the music app and then turning off iCloud music library and apple music in settings > music.... Then, when I reopen the music app, I can access 'My music' (note not showing anything from apple music or iCloud as they are both switched off.

Turning on apple music and signing in then allows me to stream songs. I'm not turning iCloud music library back on until this mess is sorted out.

(it's an iphone 4s by the way; restored it yesterday as a brand new phone as I have had numerous problems since iOS 8.4 came out.....)

Jul 19, 2015 4:11 PM in response to PrestonB1987

I think I finally found the solution (iPhone 6, iTunes 12.2.1.16).

When I used Cellular Data it seemed to work, not Wifi.

1) On your iPhone, go to "Settings" and turn on "Cellular Data".

2) Go back to "Settings" and scroll down to "iTunes & App Store" & turn on "Use Cellular Data".

3) Go back to "Settings" and scroll down to "Music" and turn off "iCloud Music Library". You should see "Genius" pop up above "iCloud Music Library". Notice when you go back to "Settings" and go back to "Music" it does not turn back on.

4) Plug your iPhone into your computer. Go to iTunes and click the iPhone icon in the top left corner. Go to "Summary" and under "Options" it now says "Manually manage music and videos". Check it.

5) Go to "Music" under "Summary" and check "Sync Music" and now you able to sync selected playlist like normal.

Anyone having issues with adding music to their IPhone or turning off ICloud Music library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.