Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since 8.4 my iPhone 6 getting really hot

My iPhone 6 used to get a little warm when you playing some really demanding 3D games.

Never hot.

Since 8.4 update. My iphone6 gets randomly heat up.

Download few APP updates via appstore = pan sear hot.

Open Telegram and send a few texts = phone's back getting really warm.

What's up with 8.4 update?! And any way can solve this issue?

It's getting very irritating.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 7:49 PM

4 replies

Jul 3, 2015 7:24 AM in response to Darkinners

I'm also having this issue. I have an iPhone 4S and since i updated to 8.4, it's getting really hot. Sometime it gets hot even when it is locked and it is in my pocket! It's really weird! Most of the time, it gets hot when i'm listening to music or when i'm doing some random stuff on my iPhone. I guess there is a lot of background works. So i would recommend to turn off unnecessary apps in the background. But i hope Apple solves this **** issue because it is draining my battery too.

Jul 3, 2015 9:21 AM in response to Darkinners

First, reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose any data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

If this does not work, and to make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the phone.

If the phone works as before the update, restore from the latest backup. If the problem comes back, the backup data contained corrupt data, causing your issues.

If it still does not work, this could be hardware related and the phone has to be checked by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Since 8.4 my iPhone 6 getting really hot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.