Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes created a music folder and moved some of my music there

For no reason I can come up with iTunes created a music folder in the iTunes location and moved some not all of my music there. It has been a while back as my online backups are the same as the local directory. All music is still in the iTunes mach and it would be great to just download it again as some of the files have been lost.

I have an older macbook pro and the internal drive is partitioned in 2 peaces. Music is on the data partition in a folder named iTunes_music. The music directory that showed up is in iTunes_music folder.

I saw some older messages the said to Ctrl-A to select all then right-click and choose download. This no longer works. I just updated to the new music app but it has nothing to do whit the scrambling of the data base and files.

Thanks

Jimmy Lyon

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 8:33 PM

2 replies

Jul 1, 2015 9:03 PM in response to Limnos

I did that long time back. I have a alias for "automatically add to iTunes" on desk top. Drop file there and it is moved into the proper locations.

My big problem right now it the missing music. It is still in the cloud as i can play it on other devices. When trying to play this missing music in iTunes a requester box open asking if I would like to locate the files. Click cancel and it plays for the cloud. I could download it one song at a time but I am missing hundreds of songs.

iTunes created a music folder and moved some of my music there

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.