Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After a move and an upgrade to OS Yosemite I can't back my my TM

I have look at a lot of the forum concerning the issue with the TM and for some reason I can't get it to work.

When I try to "back up now" it is searching for the disk, but then I get an error, when it say that it's unable to complete back up. An error occured while creating the back up folder.

Since it hasn't back up for close to a year, I wanted to erase it from the disk utility and start from scratch, but the TM disk doesn't show up in the disk utility.

Can somebody point me in the right direction with recommendation on how to fix the problem.

Thanks,

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 8:38 PM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2015 1:00 AM in response to zazouillon

What is the target disk for Time Machine.. is it a local disk plugged into your Mac or Network disk like the Time Capsule.

You can wipe the Time Capsule disk only from the airport utility. Not disk utility.

But first of all can you mount the disk in finder.. whichever one it is?? Try that first.

Once we get answers to the above we can work from there.

After a move and an upgrade to OS Yosemite I can't back my my TM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.