Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't reinstall Mac OS X Lion on my MacBook Air 11' through a bootable DVD, USB and through the Internet.

Hello everyone. Can you please help me with my problem regarding Mac OS X installation on my Macbook Air 11'?

After powering on, a blinking folder with a question mark appears on the screen. After trying holding the Option key after restarting, only Internet Recovery Option is available. Now I tried using the Installer DVD that comes along with the product, and after doing the same procedure (holding Option key), a disc figure appears, saying "Mac OS X Install ESD" something. After clicking that option, the screen shows a prohibitory sign (circle with slash line) then shuts down.

Now I switched to the Internet Recovery option where afterwards the Mac OS X utility pane appears, repaired my hard drive at disk utility, and tried reinstalling Lion through the Internet (Reinstall Mac OS X Lion option). After leaving the setup for some time, the screen shows again the Mac OS X utility, which means that the setup failed.

I also tried making a rebootable USB drive to reinstall Lion from the Internet using Windows but the same thing happens with DVD scenario (screen shows prohibitory sign). Please help me with this problem. It's been bothering me for days. Thank you guys in advance.

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 9:02 PM

There are no replies.

I can't reinstall Mac OS X Lion on my MacBook Air 11' through a bootable DVD, USB and through the Internet.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.