Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i reduce the size of the playlist banner?

howdy y'all,

info ...

itunes = 12.2.0.145

os = win7, sp1

the update to 12.2 changed the vertical size of the playlist banner from large to VERY large. is there any way to reduce the size?

User uploaded file

i know the lords of apple forbid us to disable the damnable thing [*sigh ...*], but i would like to be able to recover SOME of the wasted vertical space.

take care,

lee

Windows 7, itunes 12.2.0.145

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 8:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 8:29 PM

Not found any way to resize or disable it. Well worth reporting via Apple's iTunes feedback pageas an unwanted feature that should at least have an option to resize or (preferably) disable it.

12 replies

Jul 2, 2015 3:00 AM in response to hhgttg27

There seems to be several issues with the Playlists view in iTunes 12.2.

Take two Playlists - in this first one, it's displayed as shown:

User uploaded file

while the second one is displayed like this:

User uploaded file

... and with no option that I can find to change to the other view.

Notice in this Playlist, there is no menu option for Column Browser...

User uploaded file

...but in the first of my two Playlists, there is:

User uploaded file

In addition, in the first Playlist ("2K goodies"), a resizing bar shows up if I try to alter the height of the banner, but it doesn't work. In the second Playlist ("Advert use"), no resize bar is displayed.

Without wishing to speculate, I suspect there will be iTunes 12.3 before long... 😉

Jul 3, 2015 10:16 AM in response to the fiend

howdy the fiend,

what you are seeing is controlled by the droplist at the far right of the line immediately _above_ the playlist banner. the values are ...

- playlist

- songs

- albums

- artists

- composers

- genres

here's a pic ...

User uploaded file

i found a bunch of random playlists had that display format set to various random things. [*sigh ...*] another demo of apple's carelessness.

hope that helps,

lee

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.