Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes match not allowing itunes library to transfer

Hi I am trying to download my itunes library onto my phone. However nothing will transfer because it says itunes match is ON. However I never purchased itunes match and it is not on in my phone settings. Has anyone else experienced this problem after downloading the new IOS?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 10:31 PM

3 replies

Jul 2, 2015 3:50 AM in response to nozzi123

Hi,

You need to turn on iCloud Music Library within iTunes on the computer where you have your ripped music. You will need iTunes 12.2.0 to be able to do this. Once this is done, iTunes will match or upload your ripped songs to the iCloud and it will be available across all your devices (as long as iCloud Music Library is enabled on these devices as well). Hope this helps!

PS: Ehile I have not yet tried this, I believe you cannot transfer the ripped music from your library to the phone through iTunes if iCloud Music Library is enabled on the phone. Instead you will need to download the songs directly on the phone itself from the iCloud over the internet. That is the way it worked for iTunes Match and I guess the iCloud Music Library works the same way.

Itunes match not allowing itunes library to transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.