Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow Wake From Sleep

I bought a MacBook Pro 7 months ago (brand new). I have found that after installing the most current iOS, there is a VERY noticeable delay when waking the computer from sleep. My MacBook will be asleep for a good 8+ hours and when I go to wake it the screen will come on and after a few seconds it will go to the password screen, BUT it will NOT respond to key strokes for me to enter the password. Then the screen goes black, doesn't respond to key strokes for a good 20-30 seconds (an eternity in the world of computers), then the screen comes back on, another delay sets in (5-10 seconds) and then it will allow me to input my password. This is a brand new computer! Apple has walked me through TWO complete wipes and reinstalls of the iOS and then advised me to take my computer into the nearest Apple certified shop when their step-by-step trouble shooting over the phone did not result in a solution. I took my MacBook to Simply Mac (nearest authorized Apple shop) where they did a complete wipe and reinstall, found no hardware issues, BUT still no solution to my EXTREMELY slow wake from sleep. An Apple technician told me on the phone that I will have to live with this problem until the next iOS update and that they have seen this problem on very few MacBooks. This cannot be the case. Is this what Apple has come to? I feel like I spent all this money buying what I thought would be a great computer only to have the worst experience in trying to resolve this issue. Help! I submitted THREE videos of my MacBook waking from sleep to Apple and still no resolution. My case was turned over to Apple Engineers who sent me a file that I downloaded to my computer, followed all the prompts and then sent them the file to review. I have never lost this much faith in a product and the abilities of a company to fix a product they are so proud of.

Brian in Texas

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 8:43 PM

There are no replies.

Slow Wake From Sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.