Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Slow to Load Pictures on Home sharing

Hi All:

I have a MacBook Pro late 2014 model and an Apple TV. I'm having a problem where my pictures are loading slow onto my TV when using Home Sharing. I keep getting the black background with the spinning wheel. Some pictures take up to 20 to 30 seconds to load, or even more.

When I open the album, I see a bunch of generic grey thumbnails. IT takes about a minute or more for the generic thumbnail to change to the picture thumbnail, but when I click on the picture,I get the black background with the white spinning wheel for several seconds before a picture loads. If I want to view multiple pictures, I have to wait for each of them to load individually.

Someone else suggested that I may have a slow network. I have Fios, but use the Apple Time Capsule for my network. I just did a speed test and had a 31ms ping, download speeds were 15.54 Mbps and Upload speeds were 11.09 Mbps. I restarted my Fios Modem, Time Capsule Router, my Apple TV, and my MacBook Pro, just to refresh everything and nothing changed. I realize that this is testing the internet connection and not my local network. Is there any way to test the speed of my local network? Does anyone else have any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Apple TV

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 10:47 PM

There are no replies.

Apple TV Slow to Load Pictures on Home sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.