Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipad disabled itself and asked me to connect to I Tunes

My child entered the wrong password several times and disabled my I pad. How do I restart it

iPad, old modle

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 10:09 PM

2 replies

Jul 1, 2015 10:51 PM in response to Zandy J.

Hii you can follow these steps to recover your iPad but first make sure you have all data sync so get back your data. because these steps will completely remove your all iPad data

• Disconnect all cables from your device.
  • Hold down the Sleep/Wake button, then "slide to power off" to turn off your device.
  • Press and hold the Home button and plug the device into your computer. If your device doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on. Don't release the Home button.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
  • If iTunes doesn't open automatically, open it. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode.
  • Click OK. Then restore the device.

for more option to rest password and get backup data to iPad follow this link

Forgot passcode for your iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Jul 1, 2015 11:00 PM in response to Zandy J.

This is the Apple Support page: Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

But you can try this trick before going to reset your iPad (I once used it successfully)

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer via USB and open iTunes.
  2. Click on the "Back Up Now" button to start a sync. You may be prompted to type in your password on your iOS device to start the sync because the device is locked. Once you have typed in your password, you can cancel the back up and start using your device.

If the backup trick doesn't work, then you may have to follow the Apple Support article to reset the password. Good luck!

My Ipad disabled itself and asked me to connect to I Tunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.