Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail can't verify the identity of "pop.att.yahoo.com"…This certificate was signed by an untrusted issuer. The issuer is DigiCert High Assurance CA-3.

I received this pop up on my desk top. "Mail can't verify the identity of "pop.att.yahoo.com"…It also states "This certificate was signed by an untrusted issuer." The issuer is DigiCert High Assurance CA-3. I couldn't find much on the internet about this. This is a good server for mail. Is this truly the issue, that Google is using SSL attempting to be more secure and this is a result of that?

Thank you

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 10:08 PM

2 replies

Jul 3, 2015 11:07 AM in response to Namemyuser

I thought Google and Yahoo were separate services. Regardless, since you are using POP, I would copy all the contents of the inbox and other base folders to their own folders on your Mac before changing any settings. POP normally assumes all is stored on your Mac. You want to ensure that is backed up before making any changes to the e-mail setting. Once they are in their custom folders like MyInbox, MyOutbox, MyDrafts, MyTrash, MySpam, you can try the IMAP settings instead and see if it works better.

Mail can't verify the identity of "pop.att.yahoo.com"…This certificate was signed by an untrusted issuer. The issuer is DigiCert High Assurance CA-3.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.