Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4 shuffle option gone

Folks

It is evident the Shuffle option I was able to tap that used to reside at the top of my songs list has disappeared, and can now only be found by first selecting a song, and then tapping the shuffle icon at the bottom of the page. All identified Playlists however, retain the shuffle option at the top of the list!!

Why has this happened, and has anyone found a workaround?

Tks

SA-TX

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 11:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 8:09 AM

Once again Apple is dictating how you use your library. The only work around I've found that works is to tell Siri to shuffle songs in a genre. This stinks though, no longer can I just tap on an artist or genre and hit shuffle. Now I have to create a playlist to anticipate what I want to listen to at a later time just to be able to shuffle. The oBly reason I can see taking this away, is to 'inspire' you to join Apple music. At least that is what technical support told me when I called on this issue.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2015 8:09 AM in response to SA-TX

Once again Apple is dictating how you use your library. The only work around I've found that works is to tell Siri to shuffle songs in a genre. This stinks though, no longer can I just tap on an artist or genre and hit shuffle. Now I have to create a playlist to anticipate what I want to listen to at a later time just to be able to shuffle. The oBly reason I can see taking this away, is to 'inspire' you to join Apple music. At least that is what technical support told me when I called on this issue.

iOS 8.4 shuffle option gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.