Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loss of 3G since iOS 8.4 update

I Updated to iOS 8.4 yesterday, and since the I have lost ability to connect to the 3G network. If I dI get 3g it is a very weak connection, and only lasts a minture before dropping to GPRS or E.

anyone else experiencing this?

im on a 5c

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 11:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 11:51 PM

Im on a sprint 5c. What carrier are you on? Actually since the update I think I got better service while on my walk today.

5 replies

Jul 4, 2015 7:57 AM in response to Dan Thomas 88

I'm having this issue on a Sprint iPhone 6 16gb.

My phone is only picking up an LTE signal about 50% of the time. I have to constantly switch to Airplane Mode and back to get it to find one. It wouldn't bother me so much, except that 3G doesn't work anymore. Siri can't respond anymore on 3G, Apple Music (not that I plan to use it after the free trial) and Spotify both refuse to play on 3G as well. Websites load very slowly. Calls still go through fine, so at least I've got that going for me.

As I've said elsewhere, this is my last iPhone, and I've owned every iteration since the 4. This amateur nonsense with the software is unacceptable from the world's largest consumer electronics company. What good are frequent updates to the OS when they ALWAYS break crucial functions? I'll stick with my Mac for music production/photography, but iOS is no longer for me.

Jul 4, 2015 8:15 AM in response to Ben Kenon

I have noticed this problem as well on my Sprint 5c. But only whenever I go somewhere that service drops. Ever since 8.4 I've only had am LTE connection. When mine switches to 3G everything still works its just a little slow and if it gets stuck in a area where I know there is LTE all I do is take 5 seconds and turn airplane mode on and off. I haven't hear this from any other iOS users that I know so it's entirely possible that its a issues with the sprint network. I'm sorry that you feel the need to leave iOS. Hopefully you find satisfaction with Android.

Loss of 3G since iOS 8.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.