Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is it so difficult to get a battery replaced in an iPhone5? Why can't wireless providers do it?

Why is it so difficult to schedule an iPhone battery replacement? Why can't wireless providers be allowed to do it?

My battery is dead and I have to wait a week to get it replaced at an Apple store.

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 12:43 AM

5 replies

Jul 2, 2015 12:44 AM in response to phansang877

The reason wireless providers can't do it is because they don't have bench certified technicians. In the U.S., I don't believe any of the major providers have technicians at all any more, let alone people certifed by any manufacturer to open a phone. And, if a phone is disassebled by anyone not so certified, the warranty is immediately void.

If you don't care about voiding your warranty or right to an out-of-warranty replacement from Apple, you can always try to do it yourself. I do NOT recommend you do that as the end result can be very sad. And that's why wireless providers won't do it, either.

Jul 2, 2015 12:46 AM in response to phansang877

And The reason wireless providers can't do it is because they don't have bench certified technicians. In the U.S., I don't believe any of the major providers have technicians at all any more, let alone people certifed by any manufacturer to open a phone. And, if a phone is disassebled by anyone not so certified, the warranty is immediately void.

If you don't care about voiding your warranty or right to an out-of-warranty replacement from Apple, you can always try to do it yourself. I do NOT recommend you do that as the end result can be very sad. And that's why wireless providers won't do it, either.

Jul 2, 2015 12:51 AM in response to phansang877

Now,

Starting from the iPhone 5, battery replacement became an ickier task more prone to issues. In the 4's and before, just took removing a pair of screws. Just so you appreciate the complexity (as well as if you're out of warranty and dare risk it) peruse here:https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+5c+Battery+Replacement/21745

You'll note that Apple's penchant for using adhesive all over makes for sooo much fun 😠 It gets far worse in the iPads...

oto mua ban xe

Why is it so difficult to get a battery replaced in an iPhone5? Why can't wireless providers do it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.