Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automate Find and Replace All

Hi,

I'm hoping there's a way to have a button or something to automate Finding all "true" cells to "false" throughout the whole worksheet. Is that possible, too much to ask?

A little more info:

I've made a worksheet to take attendance. The basic premise is that when the checkboxes are ticked Numbers changes the cell from "false" to "true" and the results are tallied and averaged. When the next month starts the Month is changed from a dropdown menu A1, Numbers changes all the days and dates throughout the Worksheet. The people using these have little to no experience, so I need to find a way to refresh all the checkboxes throughout the worksheet by changing all the "true" back to "false". Any ideas will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Numbers-OTHER

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 11:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 5:43 AM

Hi Banidos,

You can't force a checkbox to become false (except maybe by AppleScript).

Manually change (click) all checkboxes to false, then Save as Template.

Each month, open the template and change the month. Ready to go!

Regards,

Ian.

2 replies

Jul 2, 2015 7:41 AM in response to banidos

banidos wrote:

I'm hoping there's a way to have a button or something to automate Finding all "true" cells to "false" throughout the whole worksheet.

This will set all checkboxes to false in a table.

1. Copy-paste into Script Editor.
  2. Click in a table's cell to select the table.
  3. Click the triangle 'run' button.

For inexperienced users this can be placed in an Automator Service that can be installed with a double-click and then accessed from the Numbers > Services menu or via a keyboard shortcut. It can also be expanded to look throughout an entire document rather than just one table.

SG

tell application "Numbers"

tell document 1 to tell active sheet

set t to first table whose selection range's class is range

repeat with c in t's cells

if c's value is true then set c's value to false

end repeat

end tell

end tell

Automate Find and Replace All

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.