Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After upgrading from O.S.7 to O.S.8.3, when I connect my iPad to an Epsom projector, after flasing on for about 10 seconds the message comes up "this accessory is not supported by this iPad"? What can I do to fix this? Thanks for any help.

After upgrading from O.S.7 to O.S.8.3, when I connect my iPad to an Epsom projector, after flasing on for about 10 seconds the message comes up "this accessory is not supported by this iPad"? What can I do to fix this? Thanks for any help.

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 12:15 AM

2 replies

Aug 19, 2015 6:45 PM in response to petermac87

Hi Pete,

Tried a different lead, it didn't make any difference. When I spoke to someone at Apple on 17/6/15 who was very good and tried everything including a complete reset, they agreed after nearly 2 hours it was probably the upgrade to OS.8.3. He told me that the info. would be passed onto the Engineering Dept. and someone would get back to me. I didn't hear back from anyone!

Have just got back from up North, and rang Apple customer service today. I got someone who didn't have a clue what I was even talking about, and was disconnected!

I bought this iPad in November 2013 and I know it is out of warranty, but I don't see this as a warranty problem. I only use it for Keynote presentations, so if cannot connect it to a fairly new projector, it is of no use whatsoever.

Any other suggestions.

Cheers, Gail.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.