Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synchronization of all books on all my devices

Guys, I have a question: if I downloaded book directly from ibooks from Internet to my iPad, is it possible that it's book will automatically synchronized with all my iOS devices? Thank you, sorry for my English)

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 2:53 AM

7 replies

Jul 2, 2015 3:06 AM in response to Alexander850

You can have ibooks that you buy from the iBookstore automatically download on your other iOS devices by turning Settings > iTunes & App Store > iBooks (under the 'automatic downloads' heading) 'on' on them - with that 'on', any new ibook purchases that you do on other devices or computers should automatically download on it. For ibooks bought before turning that 'on' go to the Purchased tab in the iBooks app on the device to download them on it.

Jul 2, 2015 3:22 AM in response to Alexander850

No, you will have to go via your computer, or manually download them from the internet on each device - only ibooks will show in the cloud on your other devices.

You should be able to copy epubs and/or PDFs from a device's iBooks app to your computer's iTunes library via File > Devices > Transfer Purchases - that should work even though they aren't iBookstore purchases : About iBooks - Apple Support

Add ePub or PDF files that you download from other websites to your iTunes library on your computer from your iOS device

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Connect your iOS device.
  3. From the menu bar, click File > Devices > Transfer Purchases.

Please note, these ePub and PDF files will only transfer once. After that, you must download them directly from the website to your computer.

If using an up-to-date Mac then do File > Move Books From iTunes in its iBooks app.

You can then sync them from iTunes to your other devices.

Synchronization of all books on all my devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.