Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music ios8.4. Where's all my album artwork gone again?

1) Album artwork is missing for large majority of albums... yet again! Is there some hidden feature to restore it?

2) How do I get rid of the 'recently added' view? I don't care! It's never acurate anyway, because iTunes/ Music call it what you will has that many bugs I frequently need to add my entire music library again.

3) Artist view is now sorted A-Z by the Album name and vice versa... Albums are sorted A-Z by Artist name. This makes no sense to me.

4) Why am I defaulted as following artists? just because I previously purchased. I really take objection to having to turn off stuff thats on by default because i've no idea what it does!

And why another different icon for the App?

A long time ago .. the phrase 'it just works' used to mean somerthing. These days it should be updated to 'it just works... but only after hours of research and tinkering'

I can't be the only person.

Assortment of Apple products-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), fairly IT savvy, but dumb some days

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 3:13 AM

5 replies

Jul 2, 2015 4:21 AM in response to mariotheplumber

OK, so I found a solution to the missing artwork.

It's not really missing... it's just that I can't see it. I think Apple has taken to magic tricks ;-))

Anyway...

After latest Itunes update the vast majority of albums now displaying as no artwork. So I created a smart playlist to help identify and this pulled in albums where the artwork is ok as well as the albums I was expecting to see. Wrong looked like smart playlist was busted! But it got me thinking.

Step 1) I added a new random image in to the 'get info>artwork' tab and saved it .... True enough it worked as expected and now displayed artwork...albeit the wrong image.

Step 2) I deleted the artwork and saved again. Displays as no artwork, but as soon as I close the 'get info' window... Hey presto, the correct 'missing' artwork was now restored. Weird!!!

Time consuming and a real pain in the you know what. Another case for Apple feedback.

Hope it helps.

Jul 20, 2015 1:44 PM in response to mariotheplumber

I have a solution (and it worked for me). Here's what I did:

On iOS device: go to Settings > Apple Music - turn off 'Show Apple Music' and 'iCloud Music Library' (this may not be necessary, but I did it before so it may have had an effect).

(Here's what I think fixed it:) Then, in iTunes on Mac/PC, go to the device and select 'Music' (the one under 'settings' section, not 'on device') and uncheck 'Sync Music' - you will get a warning, don't worry. Finally, check it again and click 'Sync'. While it syncs all album art will disappear, but then slowly reappear with original iTunes artwork.

I found this answer from previous release issues, so if you ever have this happen again with future releases, you may want to try this again.

Jul 21, 2015 2:08 AM in response to q_b_i_k

Hi, Think you must have got lucky with some bug then, as it doesn't work on any of my devices.

I followed your instruction ( although where is setting for 'iCloud Music Library' on the device? As soon as I resync the library it throws away my album art and puts back the photo of the artist.

-Why on earth would I want photos of people I don't recognise!

-How much space do these photos take up on the device?

-How much bandwidth is used by syncronisation f the artists photo with whatever database?

Thanks anyway.

Music ios8.4. Where's all my album artwork gone again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.