Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time scrolling in iBooks

Just installed the new update on my phone and it moved my audiobooks over to the iBooks app. Now for some reason I can't adjust the track time backwards or forwards by either using the scrubbing or the 15 seconds each way tabs. Tried resetting iPhone/ re-syncing audiobooks to no avail. Very irritating so hoping there's an easy fix i'm missing.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4, iBooks audiobooks

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 2:56 AM

4 replies

Jul 2, 2015 3:35 AM in response to JVH91

I have that issue and more. After this mornings listening, I tried to start where I left off. I opened iBooks and it decided that I was at the beginning of the book again, rather than in the middle.

If I let the phone auto lock, then push home and see the audio control on the screen, push pause, the time indicator goes back to the zero point of the Track. If I push play again soon, it resumes where I left off, but (and I don't know the exact time period) if I let it sit paused or leave iBooks and come back, it has lost my last listening point.

If I pause, then push play again, the time is represented in seconds/minutes since I restarted playing; not seconds/minutes into the track. This makes it difficult to figure out where I was for resuming later. If I then log back into the phone, and open iBooks, the time is not moving at all (but it is still playing).

I can use the 15 second button, but the drag feature shows me dragging out to a later time in the track, but then brings me right back to where I was.

Too many other issues to type :-(

This was great when it was part of Music.

iPhone 6s

Jul 2, 2015 12:18 PM in response to sklingler

I have these same issues, but for me, not only does it return to the beginning of the track, it returns to the beginning of the previous track, not the one I'm actually on. Also, when I return to the track that I was on, I see a blue dot on the timeline, which may be where I was (I'm not sure) as if it is some sort of book mark, but I cannot get to it. Are there any settings or anything that can be used to view bookmarks in audio books?

Time scrolling in iBooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.