Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad mini keeps fading to black since ios 8.4 update and continuously tries to reboot itself but to no avail!

Since i updated to the new IOS 8.4 last night, my Ipad Mini has constantly been fading to black. It started at the home screen, and kept doing this last night. It would automatically reboot and then once i get to my home screen, fade to black occurs. I decided to switch it off and leave it overnight and switch on this morning but it has gotten worse! Now I don't even get to my homescreen. It just keeps rebboting , apple logo comes on, then it reboots for a few secs, apple logo on then off again! Please help!!!

iPad, iOS 7.0.6, iPhone 5

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 2:43 AM

4 replies

Jul 2, 2015 2:46 AM in response to Ike4life98

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

If this does not help, restore your device to factory settings. Note that this will erase the data from your device.

Take a look this Apple Support article: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

ipad mini keeps fading to black since ios 8.4 update and continuously tries to reboot itself but to no avail!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.