Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just updated to iOS8.5 and don't like the lack of a library shuffle facility. Can I downgrade back to iOS8.3?

I've just updated my 5th generation iPod Touch to iOS 8.4. However, it would appear that the "Library Shuffle" facility has not been carried over with the upgrade. Can I reinstall iOS 8.3? If so, How do I go about it? Any help would be appreciated....

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 4:35 AM

As has always been the case, you cannot go back.

Sorry

6 replies

Jul 2, 2015 6:10 AM in response to Gambo.5

hi

I have the same problem - upgraded and can now only view artists. Not able to see songs and albums and cannot shuffle my library. there is also no function that I can see to change the tabs at the bottom of the screen like there used to be.

THe only way I can think of would be to put your entire library into a playlist - then you could shuffle it but that would be very time consuming.

Can anyone else help?

Jul 2, 2015 8:51 AM in response to moonchild1975

I'm really not a fan of the newest version of the Music app. I don't like the remove of the shake-to-shuffle feature. The recently added carousel needs to be able to be able to be removed and I prefer to choose what buttons are on the bottom of the app (my preference is Playlists, Songs, Albums, and Artists).

That being said, if you tap on "Artists" you can change the sorting to show albums, songs, etc. I changed it to show songs. When you start to play a song, tap on the bar toward the bottom that shows what is currently playing. Then you can hit the shuffle button at the bottom of the screen.

One thing I do like is that the iPod does track your play history now.

Jul 3, 2015 6:30 AM in response to FayKatriona

FayKatriona,

Thank you for your advice re ios8 problems it really helped as I play most of my music using shuffle.

I do like the overall look of the new upgrade but could not work out how to get the music as I wanted it, the one thing I have noticed is that if you select songs and then shuffle if you press the 3 lines icon to the right of the double arrows to choose the next track you can see at least the upcoming 20 tracks.

e

I still have not worked out how to see your played history though, and I have not my head around the whole @connect thing. Seems like Apple are trying to be like twitter to me.

Regarding the ability to change from artists to albums etc thank you again for tip.

Just updated to iOS8.5 and don't like the lack of a library shuffle facility. Can I downgrade back to iOS8.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.