Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use iTunes card for family sharing purchases

It seems that Apole is taking away Home Sharing (which I'm very unhappy about). It appears then that we are being pushed towards Family sharing which mandates that all purchases must be made via the same cred it card. Although I have a credit card linked to my Apple ID I prefer to use iTunes cards and get a lot as gifts. Can the iTunes card be used for Family Sharing?

iPad Air 2 WiFi, Cellular, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 3:26 AM

2 replies

Jul 2, 2015 3:30 AM in response to Shemax

Are you the family organiser or just a family member ? From Family purchases and payments - Apple Support :

After you set up your family, any time a family member initiates a new purchase it will be billed directly to your account unless that family member has gift or store credit. First, their store credit will be used to pay the partial or total bill. The remainder will bill to the family organizer's card. As the family organizer, any receipts generated by the transaction will be sent to you.

Can I use iTunes card for family sharing purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.