Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot update via AppStore

My AppStore shows that I have 4 updates but when I open it, it starts to check for updates and never stops. Then I restart AppStore and it doesn't even open the tabs, I can't access the store. I tried to update iTunes to 12.2 directly from iTunes but AppStore does not respond. Does anybody have the same problem? Do you have any solution?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 4:06 AM

5 replies

Jul 2, 2015 9:42 AM in response to mityakoval

This procedure will delete certain temporary and cache files used by system processes. The files are automatically generated and don't contain any of your data. Occasionally they can become corrupt and cause problems such as yours.

Back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/var/folders/zz

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with a subfolder named "zz" selected. Move that subfolder to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator login password. Restart the computer and empty the Trash.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Jul 5, 2015 6:27 AM in response to Linc Davis

I've tried using the command line software update, and basically have the same result as App Store - not finding the update at all - same for iTunes 12.2 and OS X 10.10.4. Also dumped the zz subfolder and restarted - still the same result. Again using MacBook Pro 15" Retina running OS X 10.10.3

Appreciate any other suggestions to resolve this.

Cannot update via AppStore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.