Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect to update server

my update went wrong yesterday and I was unable to access my libraries. After getting an answer from turingtest2, I tried all the suggestion in the link provided, but to no avail. I then noticed that the update created a new folder called iTunes 1. I deleted that folder and now iTunes won't open at all, saying that the recent search didn't match iTunes Library. the error box gave me the option to download or upgrade iTunes, but when I click either of them, the new error message is saying "can't connect to update server".

Any suggestions?????

iOS 8.1

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 5:03 AM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2015 5:51 AM in response to demenzes

FOUND A FIX!!!!! go to program files program files, find the iTunes program, right click and select "repair". once done, using the shift+click on the iTunes icon will bring up a series of popups, and one is to create a new library then select a previous library. I was able to restore a 2 month old library and get everything working again. now I'm working on the instructions for restoreing songs from my iPhone.

Can't connect to update server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.