Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 does not 'see' newly started carrier, all other versions do see the network. Not on iOS 8.12/8.3/8.4 and not even 9b2. (MG632LL/a, A1549)

Factory unlocked iPhone 6 MG532LL/A (A1549, Verizon CDMA) does not see network of very new carrier/provider in the dutch caribbean (Bonaire).

All other iphone versions have no issue in detecting and connecting to it; on 6 is simply not there after scanning.

Tried iOS 8.12/8.3/8.4 and even 9 beta 2 .. but it is just not there.

What has changed with the 6 !?

I heard something about a global providerlist that's updated by ios upgrades (seems weird route to me).

Does someone understands the issue, or has a tip to manually bypass this ?

Tis model appears to be the 'world phone' and it does work with any provider so far (tried 4 different)

Any help would be appreciated !

Chrz,

Olaf

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, Currently ios 9b2, to no avail

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 5:42 AM

2 replies

Jul 2, 2015 5:27 PM in response to Moehaha

Weirdest thing is that overnight, the carrier network became available.

Installed iOS 9b2 last night, and it did not see the network for a few hrs up until i went to bed; however, this morning it suddenly did see the network without any additional change.

is there anyone that can explain slightly how things work !?

Iphone 6 does not 'see' newly started carrier, all other versions do see the network. Not on iOS 8.12/8.3/8.4 and not even 9b2. (MG632LL/a, A1549)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.