Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

8.4 - No way to play an artist continuously?

In 8.4, is there a way to play an artist continuously?

Previously, you could select an artist which would show all albums and their tracks. Now in 8.4, it appears you can only view one album at a time within an artist, meaning you can also only listen to one album at a time without having to queue up another or making a playlist. This seems really clunky, an annoying downgrade.

I'm also thrown off by having both "Connect" and "Radio" taking two of the four bottom-row menu buttons. Is there any workaround for that? I only want to listen to *my* music.

Thanks!

James

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Windows 7

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 5:17 AM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2015 8:32 AM in response to ithryn

There is a way to shuffle all the songs from an artist but it's not exactly intuitive.

1. Select Artists from My Music
  2. Select the Artist you want
  3. From the Artist profile select the three dots and select Play Next
  4. A song will begin to play from the artist and you have a now playing menu down toward the bottom. Place your finger in that area and slide up.
  5. The album art for the currently playing song will be shown
  6. Select the Shuffle icon at the bottom of the screen

I have not been able to find a way to change the bottom menu buttons. It looks like there are two options. If you have "Show Apple Music" turned on in Settings you have the icons "My Music" "For You" "New" "Radio" and "Connect." If you don't have "Show Apple Music" turned on the "For You" and "New" are replaced with Playlists.

8.4 - No way to play an artist continuously?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.