Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Newest iTunes update-moved all content to cloud/deleted content

How do I get my music, movies, and tv shows back that were stolen by the cloud, by iTunes, and by Apple? And yes, I do mean to say stolen! My computer updated automatically yesterday and all of a sudden today, I'm missing entire albums, entire television show series, and EVERYTHING is now in the cloud - even items that I uploaded via CD, so not even purchased via iTunes (You guys STOLE THAT CONTENT!!!). Now I can't watch or listen to anything b/c I have to be connected to a stinking network. I don't live in an area where internet access is easily found!!! What the heck can I do now?! Also, part two of my question - why is there no longer a way to communicate with Apple customer service via email? It's telephonic only?!! I don't have 2 weeks to re-download all of my stolen content - PLEASE HELP!

iPod shuffle, iOS 5.1.1, Shuffle 4th Generation

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 6:13 AM

6 replies

Jul 2, 2015 6:15 AM in response to Celticcow

Are you sure your media is still not on your HD?

Hold the Option key, then click the iTunes icon, select [Choose Library], then navigate to the file named iTunes Library.itl on your external drive (in the iTunes Folder) Used to be able to select the iTunes Folder, but with 12.2 the iTunes Library.itl file must be selected.

Jul 2, 2015 6:50 AM in response to Tony T1

Some of the media is flat out gone - as in, when I click on them in my hard drive, there's 0 mb of data associated with it and it no longer even shows up in iTunes, even though it was purchased through them. The rest of it is GONE from my HD, as it it's GONE - ALL of my media was in my HD (1 TB) and iTunes literally MOVED EVERYTHING without my permission. It Literally STOLE content from my HD that doesn't even belong to it. Also tried doing it your way - I have a mac, are you a PC user? When I push the Option key, does nothing from anywhere at all. Using the control key on the icon from the applications bar I get a list of - quit, play next, previous, hide, show all windows, show in finder, keep in dock, and open at login (that's it) - from the HD list of applications - does nothing. Tried the command key, does nothing. There is no iTunes icon that may be selected to provide anything that you're describing. I access the library location from advanced setting in preferences. I can tell it to go back to my HD but there's NOTHING THERE. They STOLE everything and deleted some other stuff.

Jul 2, 2015 6:56 AM in response to Celticcow

Restore from the backup you make of your computer before any major undertaking such as a brand new software package.

The instructions are to hold down the option key while starting the iTunes application. These do not apply in your case since it is working on the premise that your media are intact and you keep your library files in some non-standard location which iTunes has temporarily lost.

Jul 2, 2015 7:28 AM in response to Celticcow

Celticcow wrote:

Also tried doing it your way - I have a mac, are you a PC user? When I push the Option key, does nothing from anywhere at all. There is no iTunes icon that may be selected to provide anything that you're describing.

Quit iTunes, then HOLD the option key while clicking the iTunes icon (either in your Dock, or in your Applications Folder)

Newest iTunes update-moved all content to cloud/deleted content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.