Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I play music from only one particular artist?

Since the update, I have not been able to figure out how to shuffle songs of one artist. I've highlighted the tracks I wanted to play and that works but I feel as though there should be a more simple way to do this.

MacBook Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 7:10 AM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2015 3:12 PM in response to NDPenny

If you're in "Artists" view (where you see a list of artists down the left side of iTunes) just click the "random" button that's in the banner across the top of the song listing, near the artist's name (extra hint, hold down the option key to change whether those buttons replace the currently playing music or just add to it):

User uploaded file

If you prefer "Songs" view, you can turn on the "column browser" (in the "View" menu), so you'll see lists of genres, artists and albums across the top of the iTunes window - then you can double-click an artist's name to add all the songs to the "play next" list, and click the "randomize" button that's next to the currently playing song (top center). If the music is already shuffled before you double-click, it remembers that.

User uploaded file

How can I play music from only one particular artist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.