Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i stop iTunes from censoring my music?

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2017 7:36 PM

Hi- did you ever figure this out? It's happening to me too and it's unbearable. Apple developers, if you're listening/care, you need to come up with a fix for this. I've been using itunes since the early 2000's and of this continues I will migrate my music platform elsewhere

7 replies

Jun 20, 2017 11:52 AM in response to Note To Self: Don't Die!

If you use iTunes Match as a mechanism to transfer media from your library to another computer or device it may occasionally deliver a clean version of a track that was originally explicit. Provided you keep at least one master copy of your library with the media, and back that up, then this an inconvenience. Slightly more irritating if you deleted your originals and redownloaded matched copies in the hopes of getting better quality versions. 😮

tt2

Jul 2, 2015 5:52 PM in response to uhhclem

Are you using  Music? If so you will have problems listening to songs marked as E - explicit.

On iPhone > Settings > General > Restrictions > Enable Restrictions (you'll fix this later*) > allowed content section > Music & Podcasts > toggle to activate EXPLICIT

* to be able to change the details of Restrictions you must have them enabled obviously. when you fixed what you're interested in you can basically leave them on but untoggle everything as if they were off apart from the explicit bit.

Jun 22, 2016 12:51 PM in response to applewarm

I have the same issue it just randomly happens to random songs

When I download certain songs to my computer from iCloud or just randomly over time iTunes will make random songs censored. All my parental controls are off and the only way I know how to fix this problem is to delete individual songs then re-download them. Some of the songs were purchased from old computers or from CD's or internet downloads thus converting them all to an Apple music file is not the way I want to go about because if I ever change my subscription it will ruin my whole library.

Is there a way to turn every song in my library to an explicit version without doing it one by one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.