Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4 - iTunes Match - Missing cloud logo when showing all musuc

Before iOS 8.4, in the Music app when iTunes Match was on, and I had the setting of Show all music turned on, I could scroll through my song list and easily see at a glance which songs were downloaded to my phone, and which weren't. If the cloud icon was there, it wasn't on my phone. If it wasn't it was on my phone. I could scroll through and download or delete songs off my phone very easily. Now in iOS 8.4, that feature seems to have been removed. It looks as if I have to click the 'three dot' icon to see if it's on my phone or not. To me this makes iTunes match unusable. Does anyone know of a workaround?

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 9:27 PM

I think I can help you here. Things are just a little different but may prove better in the end. To start, the switch to

"Show all Music" and to show only "Download to device". is no longer located under Music in settings, it's now in

the music App making it much earlier. So, go to your Music App and use the upper drop down switch to change

from Artists view to Album view for example. If your there, scroll down to the very bottom and that "Show Music"

is there but it is now called "Music Availlable Offline". It's the same thing just different terminology as Apple begins

to reference off-line mode for their new music service. To us, it's the same switch only no longer in settings. As for

your music, just as you said, music that was in the cloud previously had a cloud icon next to it. That has been

replaced using a somewhat inverse method. Instead of telling you what's in the cloud, it tells you what's on your

device and those songs with nothing are assumed to be in the cloud. What's on your device will have a tiny bookmark

next to it. All those without a bookmark are downloaded to your device but accessible from the cloud. Try downloading

a song from your iCloud. The three dots you mentioned on the right is a menu with many options, one of which says

"Make available off-line". Same as downloading just new terminology. After the download, the bookmark appears next

to your song Indicating it's been saved to your device.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2015 9:27 PM in response to shark327

I think I can help you here. Things are just a little different but may prove better in the end. To start, the switch to

"Show all Music" and to show only "Download to device". is no longer located under Music in settings, it's now in

the music App making it much earlier. So, go to your Music App and use the upper drop down switch to change

from Artists view to Album view for example. If your there, scroll down to the very bottom and that "Show Music"

is there but it is now called "Music Availlable Offline". It's the same thing just different terminology as Apple begins

to reference off-line mode for their new music service. To us, it's the same switch only no longer in settings. As for

your music, just as you said, music that was in the cloud previously had a cloud icon next to it. That has been

replaced using a somewhat inverse method. Instead of telling you what's in the cloud, it tells you what's on your

device and those songs with nothing are assumed to be in the cloud. What's on your device will have a tiny bookmark

next to it. All those without a bookmark are downloaded to your device but accessible from the cloud. Try downloading

a song from your iCloud. The three dots you mentioned on the right is a menu with many options, one of which says

"Make available off-line". Same as downloading just new terminology. After the download, the bookmark appears next

to your song Indicating it's been saved to your device.

iOS 8.4 - iTunes Match - Missing cloud logo when showing all musuc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.