Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not syncing all songs from library

I'm using an iPod Classic 160gb (not sure of year but I've had it a good few years.

My iTunes library has 8377 songs in it and I have the "Sync entire library" icon highlighted yet for reasons I can't fathom, only 8285 songs actually sync.

With this volume of music, it's nigh on impossible to identify the missing 92 songs (although I have noticed one album for definite).

Anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening and what I can do to correct it? Thank you

iPod classic

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 7:32 AM

8 replies

Jul 4, 2015 12:11 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for your reply although I'm not too sure what you mean.....

I connect my iPod, it auto-syncs and then I click on the iPod icon. I then click on Music in the left hand column and I uncheck the box that says Sync Music ( I have the box below stating "Entire Music Library" checked). I re-check it but then the total number of songs it displays to sync at this stage is 8285 - not the 8377 songs that are in my entire library??

Sorry if 'm being a little thick!!

Jul 4, 2015 12:44 PM in response to Skagbagger

Sorry, I was referring to the Songs list in the main library. Unchecked songs are generally excluded from syncs (though there is an option to include them). If all songs are checked then the counts should match.

If all songs are checked, but after syncing the number of tracks on the device doesn't agree with the library then one possibility is duplicate songs where two entries in the library point to the same file on disc. In such cases each sync causes one entry to overwrite the other. Clearing up the duplicates sorts out the confusion.

tt2

Jul 7, 2015 6:32 AM in response to turingtest2

I've done the reset warning thing and re-synced but it's not made any difference. I can see nothing different on the album that is not syncing from the ones that are.

What is strange is that the album that has been identified as not syncing DID previously sync. I've done nothing to remove it. Embarrassingly it is a Katy Perry album (not my taste, honest!!) and the reason it came to light is my daughter wanted it on during a BBQ we were having. So I know it's definitely been on the iPod before as we've had it on in the car ...... for some reason it's just disappeared!! Clearly there are many more track missing given the difference in number between songs in my library and songs in my iPod but these are going to be way harder to identify until such a time I fancy listening to them and realise they are missing.

Not syncing all songs from library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.