Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not recognizing my Apple ID?!?!

this has been an ongoing issue and apparently it is wide spread... *** apple??? i cannot find a "fix" here, only others with pseudo-explanations on why it is happening. IS THERE A FIX?

PROBLEM:

iPhone 4S, Apple ID is correct and verified by logging onto discussion forums using that ID. iPhone keeps asking for password and every single time it is entered EXACTLY the same way that it is entered on the computer... it returns a Password Incorrect error message?!?!?!

iPhone 4s (8GB)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 7:36 AM

5 replies

Jul 2, 2015 8:10 AM in response to jagered

Apple ID is your email address - not your UserName. I am pretty sure email addresses do not allow "special characters" like an exclamation mark " ! ". it is Possible - I suppose - that the IDMSWebAuth system used online here allowed the inclusion of the special character initially, but the iPhone has a script that is "intercepting" the illegal character.

... IS THERE A FIX? ...

I would try using another email address as your Primary email Address (your "Apple ID" IS in fact your primary email address - no matter how many time s you change it)

Manage your primary, rescue, alternate, and notification email addresses

If this does not help with your problem, I would try here > Contacting Apple for help with Apple ID account security

ÇÇÇ

Jul 4, 2015 2:09 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

???

you're not understanding the issue... maybe i was a little too frustrated when writing it at first and was a little vague.

the system allows you, or at least me, to sign in WITHOUT using the @mac.com or @me.com... so yes, I have ALWAYS been using just the username because that is what my email is.

now, I have been going through the verification to reset the password several times and the system is screwing up by recognizing my Apple ID as TWO separate ID's... jagered and then also *******@*******?!?! this is absolutely ridiculous and I have been on the phone with apple and they are clueless about what I am talking about yet nothing works to get it fixed.

really considering ditching my iPhone for a galaxy.

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

Jul 4, 2015 2:10 PM in response to jagered

ok... problem is solved.

i had to figure out which ID was being used for everything and then try to make them the same across all platforms. So no, they are not the same ID and are in fact two totally different ones when logging into your system stuff!!

I can use the jagered without the @mac.com... but everything like iCloud, iTunes and the App Store are looking for the *******@******* ID.

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

iPhone not recognizing my Apple ID?!?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.