Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iTunes Terms & Conditions (Summary)

Is there somewhere that the latest iTunes Terms & Conditions are summarized or the main changes are highlighted. It is getting very tiresome for Apple (Google, Facebook. etc.) to pump out changes without giving customers an idea of what they are agreeing to.

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 7:43 AM

7 replies

Jul 31, 2015 5:02 PM in response to BobF_VA

I have the same complaint. The new T&C's is 47 pages long and was written by an attorney. I also noticed there's no email address to ask a question. After some digging I found an address for their legal dept but they never responded? For a company with such deep pockets, you'd think they'd have better support.

I would suggest that they make the T&C's modular so that users only have to read the sections that apply to them. I'll never use their new streaming service, but they're forcing me to read & agree anyway..?

Jul 31, 2015 8:11 PM in response to PjD.805

PjD.805 wrote:

I have the same complaint. The new T&C's is 47 pages long and was written by an attorney. I also noticed there's no email address to ask a question. After some digging I found an address for their legal dept but they never responded? For a company with such deep pockets, you'd think they'd have better support.

There is no need for them to answer questions. If you do not accept the Ts and Cs as-is, there will be no sale. As with any legal contract, if you have questions about what you are agreeing to, you ask your own attorney, not the other guy's attorney.

I would suggest that they make the T&C's modular so that users only have to read the sections that apply to them. I'll never use their new streaming service, but they're forcing me to read & agree anyway..?

They are not "forcing" you to read anything. They are however making your agreement a condition of the sale.

Jul 31, 2015 8:12 PM in response to PjD.805

PjD.805 wrote:

You can make your suggestion to Apple

Good Luck

Pete

Aug 3, 2015 10:05 AM in response to ed2345

ed2345 wrote:

"There is no need for them to answer questions. If you do not accept the Ts and Cs as-is, there will be no sale. As with any legal contract, if you have questions about what you are agreeing to, you ask your own attorney, not the other guy's attorney."

What I'm after is a clarification. It's unreasonable to think EU's have to hire an attorney [$40+/hr.] to navigate an agreement.

What I find interesting is I posted a specific question about a potential issue within the app community and it was deleted. So even if I reach out for help, it's apparently not allowed?

"They are not "forcing" you to read anything. They are however making your agreement a condition of the sale."

In a way they are - there is no sale. I'm unable to update old apps or download new apps all of which are free. This reminds me of the microsoft fiasco, where they tied IE and file explorer together making the EU use both. Frustrating...

Aug 3, 2015 5:43 PM in response to PjD.805

What I'm after is a clarification.

PJD,

They cannot provide "clarifications." That is how contracts work. If somebody "clarifies" that the language in the contract means something, it is of no force or effect. It is the written language of the contract that matters. That is what you are agreeing to.

"They are not "forcing" you to read anything. They are however making your agreement a condition of the sale."

In a way they are - there is no sale. I'm unable to update old apps or download new apps all of which are free.

Doing the things that you describe require that the agreement be accepted. They do not require that you have read all the words.

Aug 5, 2015 4:55 PM in response to ed2345

@ed2345: "They cannot provide "clarifications." That is how contracts work."

Sorry, but I have to call B.S. Just about every other company out there that has a T&C has a channel of communication to pose questions and get clarification. If a contract is in such a language that is not understandable then the EU should not agree to it, but many blindly do so.

In terms of this topic, we'll just have to agree to disagree; we obviously have a different perspectives and experience.

New iTunes Terms & Conditions (Summary)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.