Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the background colour on a title?

Basically, I was wanting to use the ink splatter title but I needed the background colour to be a dark pink but its default is white. I know you can change it but I just can't find out how. I know how to change the text colours but that's all I can find! I've read up you can use other programmes to edit the titles but I can't afford to buy anything else.

I need to finish this video quite soon as well!😕

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 7:40 AM

You could make copy in Motion and edit the project,

Or staying within FCP, you could turn off the background in the Inspector and layer a solid generator beneath the title clip.

Russ

3 replies

Jul 2, 2015 7:45 AM in response to JojoM97

IN the Title inspector there's a checkbox to switch off the background. Then place a color generator underneath it. Or you could open a copy in Motion, apply the Colorize effect to the background image, and publish the color parameters to FCP. That will maintain some of the vignette shading of the original background. You could also apply a slight vignette to the color generator if you wanted to use that and bring back the look of the original background.

How do I change the background colour on a title?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.