Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Home Sharing Photos Only Supports Finder Folders Not Albums in Photos App

Seems as though there's no way to share Albums / Smart Albums from the new Photos app to my Apple TV via iTunes Home Sharing. I'm using the latest versions of everything.

When I goto iTunes > File > Home Sharing > Choose photos to share with Apple TV, I can only select images in the Finder using selected folders (or All Folders whatever that means).

This is useless though as I don't want to create and manually manage over time Finder folders with duplicate images of what I'm already organizing and storing in Photos app.

With iPhoto I was able to select Albums and Smart Albums as a source for images that Apple TV could display. Unless I'm missing something, this is a big oversight in obvious and convenient functionality.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 7:56 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes Home Sharing Photos Only Supports Finder Folders Not Albums in Photos App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.