Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iMac purchase is "Late 2013" model. Is this right?

Hi everyone. I ordered a brand new iMac 21.5" from Apple days before the new year, and picked it up about two weeks in to 2015. Everything is spec'd out the way I ordered it, but for some reason I didn't notice until now that it says it's a "Late 2013" model, making it over a year old from the purchase date.

I'm curious to know if this is normal or if I got sold an older machine, or frankly, if it even matters given the same specs etc. Should I worry?

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 11:53 AM

HI

Yes that is normal I also bought iMac in November 2014 it was shown to be a late 2013 model this is due to the fact that actual design iMac was introduced in late 2013 it's not the actual date the item was built. In mid 2014 Apple brought out a cheaper version of the iMac ..... Slower processor etc. this model would show up as a mid 2014

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2015 11:53 AM in response to jsbeeth

HI

Yes that is normal I also bought iMac in November 2014 it was shown to be a late 2013 model this is due to the fact that actual design iMac was introduced in late 2013 it's not the actual date the item was built. In mid 2014 Apple brought out a cheaper version of the iMac ..... Slower processor etc. this model would show up as a mid 2014

New iMac purchase is "Late 2013" model. Is this right?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.