Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alpha sort order broken in iTunes 12.2 Artists view?

After updating to iTunes 12.2 the alpha order in My Music, Artists appears to be broken. For example, before updating to iTunes 12.2, the sort order was (correct; matching the sort order of the folders in the iTunes Media Music folder in the Finder):

John Barry, John Coltrane, John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman, John Doe, John Doe And The Sadies, John Lee Hooker, John Lennon, John Lurie, John Morris

After the update, the sort order is (incorrect, and not matching the sort order of the folder in the iTunes Media Music folder in the Finder):

John Doe, John Barry, John Morris, John Lurie, John Lennon, John Coltrane, John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman, John Doe And The Sadies, John Lee Hooker

NOTE that I have not changed the meta tags after the update; this is something that simply happened, and it happens throughout my list of some 400 artists in various places. Something is wrong with the way iTunes 12.2 alphabetizes the Artists view.

User uploaded file

Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 8:13 AM

10 replies

Mar 23, 2016 5:30 PM in response to Airsculpture

Airsculpture wrote:

Tthere are about a dozen artist crammed into "c" that don't belong there ranging from Deep Purple to The Who.

WHich sort fields are you suggesting I blank out ?

Blank out whichever Sorting fields are incorrect/you don’t want.

For instance, the album artist and artist should be blank. (delete the sort as field, not the artist or album artist field).

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Alpha sort order broken in iTunes 12.2 Artists view?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.