Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have forgotten my passcode and do not have an itunes account. I'm trying to restore it to the original ipad from the factory. I am connected to my computer and have gotten my ipad mini 3 to display the itunes logo but I cannot open it. How do I?

I have forgotton my passcode and ipad mini3 is now disabled. I am trying to restore to factory settings. I have cable attached between my laptop and ipad and have reached the point that the itunes logo came up on my ipad but I cannot open it. Can you help me from this point?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 9:07 AM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2015 9:21 AM in response to betvz

Does your laptop's iTunes recognise the iPad, is it showing as a device in it ?

Disabled device : Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Device not recognised by iTunes :

PC : iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Mac : If you don't see your connected device in iTunes for Mac - Apple Support

(I've asked for your post to be moved to the Using iPad forum, where you've posted is for questions about the iTunes U app.)

I have forgotten my passcode and do not have an itunes account. I'm trying to restore it to the original ipad from the factory. I am connected to my computer and have gotten my ipad mini 3 to display the itunes logo but I cannot open it. How do I?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.