Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens when you do reach the 25,000 song limit on Apple Music?

Would it not upload anymore songs? Some of my files are still on the iCloud waiting status for a while so I'm just wonderings.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4, Also have Macbook Pro

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 9:17 AM

4 replies

Jul 2, 2015 9:20 AM in response to indieburger

Not having got that many songs I've never tried, but given that they impose a limit I would expect it not to upload anything further once it's reached, just the same as if you filled up a hard disk or allocated server space.

It's been reported that the limit will be raised to 100,000 in the autumn, but we won't know for certain until it happens (or doesn't).

Jul 6, 2015 7:56 AM in response to indieburger

I have 25,000 songs already using iTunes Match. Now in Apple Music, it will not let me add any songs or albums to my library. I hit the + button when on a song or album and it gives me the added to my music animation, but then goes back to a + symbol. When I check my music, it was never added. Anyway around this? Am I stuck until they increase the limit to 100,000 songs?

What happens when you do reach the 25,000 song limit on Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.