Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add ripped CDs to Apple Music? e.g. The Beatles

I'm having difficulty adding my own CD-ripped tracks to Apple Music through iTunes. I'm guessing it's because they are not available in the iTunes store? Has anyone had success adding these types of tracks to their iPhone?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 8:17 AM

3 replies

Jul 2, 2015 8:38 AM in response to wreckless76

Apple music should automatically scan, match and upload your library. For example in the case of The Beatles they are available in the iTunes Store just not in apple music. They should match. With apple music enabled, highlight the songs and or albums not already in your apple music library and right click "add to iCloud library". This should start the process. You can check the progress by clicking the spinning circle in the upper right hand corner of iTunes.

Jul 2, 2015 9:23 AM in response to Codycgb

When you right click a Beatles track, it does not offer that option. From what I can tell, the "Add to iCloud Library" option only shows for tracks available in Apple Music.

However, I found the answer in another thread. You have to go to Settings-Music-iCloud Music Library and turn it off. Sync all your own music, then turn the iCould Music Library back on. When it offers the option to merge or replace, select Merge.

Hopefully this will get fixed, so you don't have to go through this every time you add songs from your own CDs (that are not available for streaming).

Jul 2, 2015 9:44 AM in response to wreckless76

Yeah, that's ridiculous. Tbh, I'm not even sure if it's worth the effort. Spotify has been problematic for me on this issue as well, lately. I may try Google Music, but I sure won't be sticking around here if this service can't even perform the simple task of downloading offline playlists with music from both Apple Music and my own collection side by side.

How to add ripped CDs to Apple Music? e.g. The Beatles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.