Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having installed the latest OS X update (10.10.4) I can no longer receive emails on gmail.

Having installed the latest OS X update (10.10.4) I can no longer receive emails on my gmail account on Mail. I have checked, double checked and checked again all my settings and they are correct. Also this update does not appear to have resolved the long delay between clicking on Send and an email actually being sent.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 9:13 AM

3 replies

Jul 2, 2015 11:34 AM in response to tomtreb

Mail troubleshooting - Yosemite

Mail (Yosemite): If you can’t receive messages

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

Mail Feedback

Or you can use your Apple ID to register with this site and go the Apple BugReporter. Supposedly you will get an answer if you submit feedback.

Feedback via Apple Developer

Jul 5, 2015 1:34 PM in response to tomtreb

I am pleased to say that I have now resolved the problem. Looking again in Mail Preferences/Accounts/Advanced, I noticed that the top box "Automatically detect and maintain account settings" was not ticked, whereas in my Sky Yahoo! account it was ticked. I therefore ticked it, saved the change, quitted and restarted Mail, and now it all seems to be working fine and I get a full bank of green indicators in Connection Doctor. I can only assume that the box became unticked during the installation of OS X 10.10 4. Anyway, I thought I'd mention it should there be others having a similar problem. Mail generally still very slow.

Having installed the latest OS X update (10.10.4) I can no longer receive emails on gmail.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.