Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 12.2.0.145 deleted my entire music library

I updated itunes and noticed when I opened it my entire library was cleared. The music I had purchased off of itunes showed up with the cloud icon but all my other music is gone.All the files are still in the music folder of the itunes media folder but they do not show up on itunes. I am pretty sure I can re-import all the files, but all my playlists are gone and song information such as number of plays or ratings will all be reset I think. What can I do to add all the files back into my library but keep the playlists and song information (such as number of plays, ratings, etc.)?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 8:57 AM

4 replies

Jul 2, 2015 10:30 AM in response to julianapplesupport

There should be a folder, probably in Music\iTunes next to your iTunes Library.itl file, called Previous iTunes Libraries, which should have your library before the upgrade. You could try replacing the iTunes Library.itl file with the most recent file in that directory (you will have copy up a level and rename it) and letting it upgrade again and see if that is more successful the second time.

Were you an iTunesMatch customer before the upgrade?

Itunes 12.2.0.145 deleted my entire music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.