Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Too many duplicate notes! Syncing iphone 5 with ios 8.4 and mac 10.6.8 - any fixes? will SyncServices reset help?

I am having the same issue that a number of people seem to have of duplicate notes appearing between my iphone and my mac with regularity. I have been having it for years and tried to find a solution once or twice with no real luck. It has gotten really absurd, with thousands of notes, and I am fed up would really like to fix it.

This thread looked a possible idea to try: Why doesn't iCal sync properly between my Mac and my iPhone 5? but it points to an old support thread with instruction on resetting the SyncServices folder on your Mac that tragically doesn't seem to exist anymore. I'm not seeing anything else when I search resetting SyncServices.

Does anyone know how to do that? Or even better have a duplicate notes fix for me?

I have a powerbook running 10.6.8 and an iphone 5 with iOS 8.4. My iphone has a couple of emails and calendars associated with it, for work and home, but my computer just has one.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4, powerbook running 10.6.8 ; Notes

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 9:07 AM

There are no replies.

Too many duplicate notes! Syncing iphone 5 with ios 8.4 and mac 10.6.8 - any fixes? will SyncServices reset help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.