Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud sign in box keeps popping up when i open ipad and I can't sign in even though I've changed my password

When I open my IPad I keep getting the sin in to iCloud dialog box. But it won't let me sign in even when I've changed my password. So I'm effectively locked out of my iPad.

iPad

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 9:47 AM

Greetings MAZZY1,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are being prompted to sign into your iCloud account on your iPad, but are unable to sign in. I understand that you have already changed the password as well and are still unable to sign in.

In this situation, I would recommending signing out of iCloud and then back in fresh to try and resolve the issue.

Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

iCloud

1. Tap Settings > iCloud on your iOS device. If you see the option to sign in, you can change your Apple ID now.
  2. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Delete Account. After you sign out of iCloud, you might not be able to access some of your data that's stored in iCloud until you sign in again. If you're part of a family, you'll need to sign back in to use Family Sharing.
    User uploaded file
  3. Choose Keep on My iPhone or Delete from My iPhone.
  4. Enter your password.
  5. Go to Settings > iCloud and enter your Apple ID and password.
  6. Tap Sign In.

If you updated your Apple ID email address and your device repeatedly asks for the password to your previous Apple ID, you can temporarily change your Apple ID to resolve the issue.

Cheers,

Joe

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2015 9:47 AM in response to MAZZY1

Greetings MAZZY1,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are being prompted to sign into your iCloud account on your iPad, but are unable to sign in. I understand that you have already changed the password as well and are still unable to sign in.

In this situation, I would recommending signing out of iCloud and then back in fresh to try and resolve the issue.

Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

iCloud

1. Tap Settings > iCloud on your iOS device. If you see the option to sign in, you can change your Apple ID now.
  2. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Delete Account. After you sign out of iCloud, you might not be able to access some of your data that's stored in iCloud until you sign in again. If you're part of a family, you'll need to sign back in to use Family Sharing.
    User uploaded file
  3. Choose Keep on My iPhone or Delete from My iPhone.
  4. Enter your password.
  5. Go to Settings > iCloud and enter your Apple ID and password.
  6. Tap Sign In.

If you updated your Apple ID email address and your device repeatedly asks for the password to your previous Apple ID, you can temporarily change your Apple ID to resolve the issue.

Cheers,

Joe

icloud sign in box keeps popping up when i open ipad and I can't sign in even though I've changed my password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.