Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cd text info not writing

The song track name and albums are not being included with a burned cd anymore even with cd text box checked.

I am making a mix cd with purchased audio/ imported audio/mp3 and AAC files.

This used to work fine but now the cds burn with no cd info at all. Please let me know why this isn't working all of a sudden and how to fix it.

itunes 12.1

Thank you.

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 10:55 AM

3 replies

Jul 2, 2015 11:18 AM in response to mcaPA

Just to double check, you are trying to read these discs back in a device that supports CD text? iTunes for example doesn't read the data back, and neither would the tiles show in Windows Explorer/Finder.

You can report problems via the relevant feedback form, e.g. iTunes Feedback, or sign up for a free Apple Developer Connection account and make use of Apple Bug Reporter. They don't generally talk back, but they do claim to read everything.

tt2

Jul 3, 2015 11:58 AM in response to turingtest2

Cd text is Cd info like tracks/albums/artist right?

You burn the disc, the disc burns and itunes is suppossed show the same info that was in the playlist on the disc. Like it has for the last 10 years.

Now it doesn't do that anymore. It doesn't show up in my car stereo like it used too as well. Just track 1 etc.

Thanks for your reply, I hope I don't come off being rude I'm not trying to be. I am frustrated. This should be a quick google to find out the problem and it ends up being a long cycle of looking at forums. I believe it might be having purchased songs with regular songs is causing the problem. But I only checked that once. I ran out of discs trying to solve this problem!

Thanks again

Jul 3, 2015 2:24 PM in response to mcaPA

If you put an audio disc that you've burned with iTunes back into the drive it should know what is on the disc because it will have stored the information in it own local CDDB cache, not because it reads the CD Text info. If it worked in your car before, doesn't now and you were using CD Text and not MP3 Data discs then that sounds like a bug to me. I cannot test it myself as I have no devices that read CD Text. I suggest you use the feedback or bug reporting options to let Apple know there is a problem.

tt2

cd text info not writing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.