Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

automatic keyboard backlight not working

hi,

i have a macbook pro retina 2015 (mf840) , my macbook keyboard automatic adjust backlight not working ...

i checked the "Adjust keyboard brightness in low light" from System Preferences > Keyboard -- but not fixed issue.

i reseted smc but not fixed problem ...

i can manually enable keyboard brightness with f6 and f5 but i need automatic enable it in low light.

can any body help me how can i fix it ?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 10:05 AM

Try a NVRAM reset:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063

Place you hand over the light sensor next to the camera on top of the display and then try the function keys.

Ciao.

9 replies

Jul 2, 2015 10:32 AM in response to m4hdi

m4hdi wrote:

i placed my hand in camera and then i hited f6 , then i lefted my hand from camera , i see greater light as before , but i not think the problem fixed ...

If there was a change in the brightness, I would think the problem has been addressed. If not, try these options in this order:

Delete the System Preferences plist per these instructions:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-4301

If no success, reinstall the OSX. (make certain that you have your data backed up)

If still no success, make an appointment at an Apple store genius bar for a FREE evaluation.

Ciao.

Jul 2, 2015 9:36 PM in response to OGELTHORPE

yes thats new MBP brand.

in first day of my MBP usage, the keyboard light was on and i turned of it with f5 - i want it turn off in high light rooms and turn on in low light rooms automatically.

now i turned on keyboard light with f6, and i see that changes automatic. i think the problem fixed, but i want that turns off in high light rooms - can you please help me , is this a problem or thats my sensitivity ?

automatic keyboard backlight not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.