Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone6, can no.of emails show only new ones from previous notification, not total unread emails, old unread remains unread, similarly to how it works in window phones?

I would like to see number of real new emails from previous notification, e.g. There are 2 new emails show in notification, I click to open mailbox WITHOUT reading or marking any email as read - both mails remain unread, then there are another 3 new emails, can it shows in notification now that it's "3" emails not total all unread as "5" like it currently is? (Though my mailbox has 5 unread emails) This is how it works in Windows phone I've used, and it's easy to see only real new emails without always clicking to open and read each email or to mark it as read in order clear them from the counting number in notification. I'm asking because I've multiple mailboxes with huge amount of incoming emails and usually take a quick glance from subject only (will read or delete them in batch later), so it's very difficult to always recall if notification shows unread mails as "1729" -> was it last time "1722" and 7 new emails added or was it the same 1729 and no new mail? etc. (in Windows phone it will show "7" in notification because I already opened mailbox once though didn't read anything, so it starts from 0 and shows only addition from that point) Thank you very much in advance for your help!

iPhone 6

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 9:45 AM

There are no replies.

Iphone6, can no.of emails show only new ones from previous notification, not total unread emails, old unread remains unread, similarly to how it works in window phones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.