Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need a PDF Writer for OS X 10.10.3 on a Macbook White 2009

I need recommendations on buying stable PDF writer app. for a macbook white 2009 running Yosimte OSX 10.10.3

Please advise

Jay

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Macbook white early 2009

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 10:47 AM

PDF "writing" has been a function the File > Print process in all Apps for a very long time in OS X...

for "advanced" needs in creation of sophisticated features you need something like Adobe Acrobat (the originator of the the Portable Document Format)

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#safe=off&q=adobe+acrobat+create+pdf

to merely distribute any file, just "Print" it toa PDF file...

from TextEdit.app in OS X 10.4.11 Tiger

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2015 10:47 AM in response to gurdaspur

PDF "writing" has been a function the File > Print process in all Apps for a very long time in OS X...

for "advanced" needs in creation of sophisticated features you need something like Adobe Acrobat (the originator of the the Portable Document Format)

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#safe=off&q=adobe+acrobat+create+pdf

to merely distribute any file, just "Print" it toa PDF file...

from TextEdit.app in OS X 10.4.11 Tiger

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Jul 2, 2015 12:23 PM in response to gurdaspur

Without any details of the scope of your project, somehow I knew that your need was to enable "form entry" capability. Many years ago, when Acrobat/Acrobat Reader was being publicized as "THE" solution for 'fill-able' form field entry (since replaced by forms on the Web), I had a client project doing just that - I charged $35 per page, regardless of the number of fields per page - paying for the startup cost very quickly. That said, I cannot advise on any "on the cheap" solution for you - there may be something for you searching Google.

Need a PDF Writer for OS X 10.10.3 on a Macbook White 2009

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.